We acquired this attractive hotel in the centre of Harpenden subject to vacant possession. The site was acquired unconditionally with our client looking to obtain a change of use to residential and develop high quality residential homes through conversion of the existing buildings and additional new build within the grounds.
Our client is working closely with the local authority and English Heritage in order to improve the setting of the listed building and bringing forward an exemplary residential development which will respect the Listed Building and its wider setting.
- Opportunity for change of use to residential providing significant planning gain.
- Conversion and new build
- Off market
- Existing hotel acquired unconditionally out of a portfolio
- Identified a third party buyer stalling on a conditional purchase
- Offer made unconditionally to win the contract
- Purchased discreetly due to sensitivities of existing operating business