We unconditionally acquired a building on Portland Place, in the heart of the West End, in six hours. The property was set behind a grand Portland stone façade and was converted into seven exclusive residences comprising two bedroom apartments and three and four bedroom duplexes.
Osel Architecture were appointed to advise on the conversion and extension of this existing period office building within a Conservation Area, incorporating the construction of an additional storey at roof level. Whilst the interiors reflected a contemporary modern style, the existing front stone facade, considered by the Planning Authority to be an important part of the existing streetscape, was sensitively repaired.
- Part vacant trophy office building
- Competitive off market situation
- Potential planning gain for luxury apartments
- Identified a motivated vendor due to issue a contract to a third party
- Attended an exchange on the same day as initial inspection, to beat competition
- Received multiple offers to trade the building for significant profit
- Assisted client with planning consultant and architect